In the period October 2022 – February 2023, training activities were held within the framework of the SMILE initiative. Sport, Motivation, Inclusion, Leadership, Engagement – #SMILE project aims to analyse the link between sport and inclusion in an innovative and different way – by ensuring international participation in sport activities of persons with intellectual disabilities. An international sports event is coming, within the framework of the initiative, which will be held in Croatia in April 2023. Within the mentioned period, young people and adults with intellectual disabilities took part in various sports activities, which they appreciated with many smiles and positive emotions.
THE FOLLOWING OUTPUTS WILL BE DEVELOPED TO ACHIEVE THE PROJECT AIMS MENTIONED ABOVE:
• Good practices toolkit edition #SMILE;
• Empowered sport experts and organizations that will continue utilizing the tools that #SMILE will develop in the project framework and onwards;
• Delivered international sport event #SMILE that will gather persons with intellectual disabilities from Bulgaria and Croatia after set of national trainings sessions in each country.
THROUGH THE PROJECT ACTIVITIES, WE AIM TO EMPOWER PERSONS WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY AND/OR MENTAL HEALTH CHALLENGES TO:
• Discover the power of sport as an inclusion mechanism through personal experience;
• Co-create together with the partners experts a good practices tool-kit of Inclusion through sport for persons with intellectual disability and/or mental health challenges;
• Take part in an international sport event #SMILE;
• Implement local training sessions with the persons with intellectual disability and/or mental health challenges in order to ensure snowfall effect;
• Ensure good practices transfer between project partners.
#SMILE project is totally in line with the horizontal objectives, pursued by the Erasmus+ Programme, that is co-funding the present initiative, aiming to ensure inclusion and diversity in all fields of education, training, youth and sport as the project idea itself is a representation of the inclusion of a highly disadvantage group into international activities. The proposal is in line as well with the priority of encouraging participation in sport and physical activity as all the actions that SMILE will implement are focused on sustainable involvement of persons with intellectual disabilities in sport activities on local, national and international level.
Follow #SMILE playlist in YouTube for further updates!